Monday, August 3, 2009

News!

Hi everyone!
I have some really exciting news to share! The Weinstein family, through "the Brie Fund" has supported my program.Every year their daughter, Shelsey Weinstein, performs a concert in honor of her sister, Brieanna (Brie), who died of leukemia at the age of twelve.
This year, they invited me to the concert. She had me write up a short blurb to put in the program. She will also be introducing me onstage as someone that they've helped this year. It is such an honor to be a part of this. She actually sent me a list of the program this year. Here it is:

Fairy Tale Nikolai Medtner
Gregg Pauley, piano
Piano quartet in g minor, Mvmt II Johannes Brahms
Emily Smith, violin, Lindsay Selin, viola, Shelsey Weinstein, cello,
Gregg Pauley, piano

Blackbird John Lennon, arr. for guitar & cello by Han Kim
Han Kim, guitar & vocal, Shelsey Weinstein, cello
Love is Here to stay George Gershwin, arr. for guitar,
violin & cello by Han Kim
Han Kim, guitar & vocal, Emily Smith, violin, Shelsey Weinstein,
cello
Julie-O Mark Summer
Shelsey Weinstein, cello
Blue Laurie MacGregor
Mark Gebhardt, clarinet, Greg Pauley, piano, Shelsey Weinstein, cello
That's what friends are for Burt Bacharach
Larissa Pyer, voice, Greg Pauley, piano, Han Kim guitar & arranging,
Shelsey Weinstein, cello
Song of the Birds Pablo Casals
Greg Pauley, piano, Shelsey Weinstein, cello

I think it sounds really great! I think it is amazing that this family has time to put this all together every year.
Now, I will extend the invitation to any of you who would like to come and support the Brie Foundation. This is the information:

10th Annual Brie Fund PROGRAM
Friday, August 14th @ 7 p.m., Bernice A. Ray School, Hanover, NH

If you want to let me know that you are interested in coming, that would be great. Otherwise, it would still be great to see you there!
Thanks so much!
Thank you Mimi!
Talk to you all again really soon!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment