Thursday, May 21, 2009

How the time has flown!

I cannot believe that it has almost been a month since my last post! That is just crazy! Not to worry though, I have been diligently working.

First, I have officially started my request/applying/asking for money process. I presented my Smartboard presentation(from my parent presentations in March) to the White River School PTA on April 14th. They seemed impressed by the idea, which makes me very excited. They decided to give me $150 now. They also told me that if I needed more financial help in the fall, they would probably be willing to donate again! I was so excited to hear this news. I have some other huge news about donations. I have been in contact with Mimi and Mr. Shoob through the Brie Foundation over these past few weeks. They have decided to fund me with $500 towards the program! I was delitedly shocked by this news! I am so very thankful for these donations. They will enrich the program greatly.

I believe that I have made a final decision on how the program will run next year! I plan on completing two sessions. The first session will run soon after school begins. It will run 3-4 weeks. At the end of this session, I will provide a questionaire/feedback form for the parents. The second session will run right after we all get back from Christmas vacation. I will use the time in between the sessions to make suggested changes from the parents and work on making the program the best it can be. I am still undecided on what my two cultures will be however.

I have continued to work on my thesis paper. I was having trouble making the last entry "work right" or flow well. Mrs. Haynes and I spent quite a bit of time towards making it the best paper it could be. I just recieved it back from my thesis reader on Wednesday. I recieved a 19/20 on it! She would like me to include a conclusion on it now instead of waiting for the end. That is a simple fix, I think I can do it!

There is my update for now. I know it is long, but I have not been on in so long! I will be making some updates to the website soon, possibly tonight. So...stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment