Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just a quick note...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am putting my plan into action now. I had mentioned before that I wanted to present my Smartboard or part of my Smartboard presentation to the White River PTA. I have emailed Mr. Ashley and Jeanette Leavitt to ask if I can be on the May agenda. Mr. Ashley is the school principle, so he must be asked to be on the agenda. Jeanette is the President of the PTA, so she must be asked also. I have not heard anything back from either one yet.
I have also emailed CLiF(Children's Literacy Foundation). I took this straight from the CLiF website explaining the foundation:
ABOUT CLiF
The Children’s Literacy Foundation (CLiF) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture a love of reading and writing among children throughout New Hampshire and Vermont. Since 1998 CLiF has served more than 75,000 children in more than 320 communities across every region of the Twin States.
CLiF targets two groups of children from birth to age 12:
Children in rural communities where resources are limited
Children who are at high risk of growing up with low literacy skills

They actually came to the White River School recentley. Unfortunately, I was not able to go, so I was not able to talk to the man who came through the foundation. CLiF is run solely on donations. So, I emailed them to ask for any suggestions. I have not heard back from them either. If anyone wants to look into CLiF more, the url to the website is:
http://www.clifonline.org/index.cfm
I will let everyone know when I hear back from any of these people. Hopefully, it will be soon! Sorry, this turned into a not-so-short note!

No comments:

Post a Comment