Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful November - Playing Catch-up!

Yes, yes, I know, I know. I've been bad :/ What can I say? I'm a busy college student who's had quite a bit due recently. Feeling frazzled, so I had to set this aside for a bit. Back now with a vengeance though bwahaha ;) On that note.....

Tuesday, November 5, 2013:
Though it stresses me out, frustrates me, sends me running around looking like a chicken with my head cut off.....I love school. I love learning. I have a great appreciation for the human mind and its' potential. I think probably that's one of the baseline reasons I want to become a teacher. As the story goes, I knew that I wanted to teach as soon as I started preschool. From there, I wanted to teach whatever grade level I was in up until middle school. As soon as I went to 6th grade, I knew I wanted to teach elementary school!

Though my college experience has not been normal by any means at all and I've truly struggled with it, I am grateful for the journey I have been on. I spent two years at Colby-Sawyer College which were good only because it pushed me to find something that re-lit my fire for teaching. Also because I met, who I anticipate will be a life-long friend, Cat and I'm eternally grateful for that friendship. However, moving to the Community College of Vermont was the best decision for me. I absolutely loved it! Now, I'm getting by just fine at Granite State and I know that I will fulfill my goals within the next couple of years. I am thankful for my education.

If you haven't, you need to learn about Malala Yousafzai. Malala is a young girl who believes in women's education. Last year on October 9, the Taliban stormed the bus she was riding to school and shot her in the head in an attempt to stop her campaign. We are so fortunate to live in a place where education is a priority for all people alike. I encourage you to read about Malala's courageous actions today.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013:
Maddie
Today I choose to be thankful for animals, pets! Growing up on my grandparent's dairy farm, we were surrounded by cows, cats, dogs, oxen, fish, etc. So I think it's only natural that I would feel so comfortable around animals. We currently only have our dog, Maddie, because we had to put our cat down almost two months ago. It's amazing how much animals become a part of the family. They're so important :)

Mostly Buster, but Maddie in top left too


Thursday, November 7, 2013:
The seasons. I love, love, love living in New England because we get to experience every single season. How lucky are we? I guess I feel like each season is so special and unique, we should appreciate it. People always ask what's your favorite season and I find that difficult to answer....Spring is a fresh start. Every is new! Summer is usually too hot for my taste, but it brings around it's own taste of relaxation. Next comes Fall which just has change in the air. The trees are a wonderful example of the beauty of New England as well! Lastly, Winter (dun Dun DUN! Ha!) which though cold....is once again fresh. That perfect beautiful layer of snow seems to recreate the world. I love it :) Then right back into spring. When everyone is standing around complaining about the seasons.....how about we try to see the unique beauty in all of them because they are!

Friday, November 8, 2013:
Similarly, I am grateful for the flowers of the world. My gramma has always had gorgeous gardens. She passed that green thumb down to my mom. I have so many memories spending hours and hours out in the garden, weeding, planting, even plant shopping! Plants are one of the amazing things that our Earth provides us that can actually soothe the soul. It's not the best time of year for them now, but when you can, take the time to appreciate flowers. I guarantee you'd miss them, if they were all gone.

Saturday, November 9, 2013:
I am thankful for modern transportation. This may seem kind of strange lol but I spent a ton of time in my car this past weekend. Friday I drove to pick-up my sister at school in Burlington. Saturday we drove to Barre for our dad's family's Thanksgiving dinner and to Waterbury to the Ben & Jerry's factory before driving home. Sunday we drove Alicia back to school and this coming weekend we will be doing the back and forth from Burlington PLUS driving to Manchester. If we still had to go by horse and buggy.....we wouldn't.

Alicia and I joke that planes are our second home. No matter if it's an updated form of transportation like trains, cars, even planes or something new like the Chunnel in France, I appreciate all of it. We are so lucky to have access to these resources!

Sunday, November 10, 2013:
I am grateful for photographs. They keep all memories alive. As you've heard, a picture's worth a thousand words. What is better to be thankful for than that??

Now, I am going to leave you with this for today because I think that's enough! Lol almost  caught up :) If you're doing Thankful November, please let me know, I'd love to see!
Thanks for reading, beautiful people!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment