Like Amber, I am hosting a book challenge this year. I am taking it over for Alaine @ Queen of Happy Endings blog. I participated in this one last year also and didn't completely commit lol! But this year I'm ready for it because I have some that definitely go into this category ; )
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
This challenge is for all those books you wish you'd read. It might be Pride and Prejudice, War and Peace, a Nora Roberts Romantic Suspense, the Outlander series or a childhood classic Winnie the Pooh. I have a very long list of books that I've been wanting to read for years, not to mention the list of books I've added to it since I've been blogging. These don't have to be books you currently own, you can buy them, borrow them or beg for them. This is a great challenge for getting those TBR piles reduced. So go have a look at what you might read and challenge yourself.
This is kind of a catch-all challenge. A good one to start with, if you ask me!
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.
2. There are four levels:
-- Curious – Read 3 books.
-- Fascinated – Read 6 books.
-- Addicted – Read 12 books.
-- Obsessed – Read 20 books.
3. Any book format counts.
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2011.
So sorry for taking my time about getting it posted, you've lost 14 days already!!!! AHHHHH! Joking ; ) But I am still sorry about that lol. I did decide, however, that for me personally I'm not going to necessarily pick a category. Throughout the year I will instead keep my list updated! Lol! So here's what I have so far:
1) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2) The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
3) The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
4) House Rules by Jodi Picoult
5) Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
6) The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
7) Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I'm going to stop there for now, but check back occasionally because I bet you I will be updating this as I actually browse my shelves : )
Now bear with me, folks. I'm trying Mr. Linky for the FIRST TIME! Lol....so if there are problems I'm working on it. If it doesn't work, you'll get to just sign up in the comments.
So, who wants to try this challenge with me!?