Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Every Heartbeat by Kim Vogel Sawyer Review


Here's the blurb from Amazon:
As three friends who grew up in the same orphanage head off to college together, they each harbor a cherished dream. Libby wishes to become a famous journalist, Pete plans to study to become a minister, and Bennett wants to join a fraternity and have as much fun as possible. But as tensions rise around the world on the brink of World War I, the friends' differing aspirations and opinions begin to divide them, as well. And when Libby makes a shocking discovery about Pete's family, will it drive a final wedge between the friends or bond them in ways they never anticipated?

My Review:
First of all, let me thank Amber so much for sending me In Every Heartbeat. I am so glad you did!!

This was my first book by Kim Vogel Sawyer and most definitely will NOT be my last. I was so pleasantly surprised on so many levels.

This book follows three best friends as they venture into a new part of their lives as college students. The year is 1914 as Libby, Petey, and Bennett become freshman in college. All three are orphans, raised in the same orphanage, but all having different experiences there. Though they start out with the stongest bond, they soon realize that their relationships are going to change, some for the better and some for the worse it seems.

Now I don't want to give anything away, but I loved this book! Lol...I felt like the characters were quite relatable, especially the feelings because I am in that weird transition face, as they are too. Though I did not completely relate to Libby, she is much more outspoken then me, I related to her on a deeper level. One of the same desires as her. I have to admit that I did not love Bennett's character. He almost became the person you love to hate, but not quite. However....Petey. Oh my goodness. I think I fell for Petey...hard! He was so sweet and true to himself and his beliefs. I don't know how you couldn't not like him. Just seemed like such a perfect guy to me...lol!

Anyway, I say bravo to Kim for her success!! As soon as I finished this I went out and bought A Hopeful Heart on Amber's recommendation ; ) Well the next day...lol! Great job!

Have a great day!
Hannah

8 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Hannah! :D I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you!! Hehehee....good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah! AWESOME review...I think you're on to something here. ;-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. *blush* Renee!! I have no clue what you're talking about *shaking head* LOL! Thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a sweet, satisfying story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Renee : ) I'm trying my hand at this review thing :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met her once at a book signing. She is such a sweet lady. Sounds like this book is a winner. And when did you get this adorable new layout? My favorite colors, pink and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great book. Fabulous review - thanks! I've been waiting to hear back from you about fibro - hope you're doing well. {gentle hugs}

    ReplyDelete