Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another week gone by....

Finals are over!!!!! Can I get a Woo Woo! *echo Woo Woo!* I'm sooooo happy! : )

I got my acceptance packet in the mail today from Plymouth and found out that I recieved a scholarship from them, which is a relief! It is a $20,000 4-year scholarship. This really lowers the cost every year!

The second week of Hannah's READ Program in class is complete! We made tissue paper flowers and it was such a hit with the kids. They really enjoyed doing it!

I was able to get the bulletin board all assembled with everything that I have from the take-home folders and the flowers. It is SO colorful! It's really fun! The title of the bulletin board is "First Graders in Mexico!". Over the next couple of weeks, our bulletin board will just keep getting better and better : )

The next games went home. I will be getting them back next Tuesday and Wednesday. We'll see what the feedback is on them.

Ms. Edson will probably be coming to observe me in the classroom on Tuesday, February 2. This will be interesting for me and the kids.

Next Tuesday (when school resumes, we have a 4 day weekend), I will be starting my internship at the elementary school where I am also doing my project. I am SO excited to do this!! It will be 2 hours out of my school day every day : ) What could be better than that?!

Okay that's all the news for now, I think. Talk to you soon!
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. WOO WOO!! *grin*

    That is SOOOO awesome, Hannah! Congrats on the great scholarship! Is Plymouth gonna put you very far from home? Will you be close enough to visit?

    You sound just like my youngest sister, Lindsay. She taught a K-4 class for a couple of years, and loved it. Then she moved to helping out the 9 - 12 grade kids (at a private Christian school, so it's a lot different than public school!).

    It sounds like you're having a blast and that your 2nd time around is a HUGE success already. :)

    I'll bet you're gonna love your internship...it sounds perfect for you! Keep us posted. I'm sorry I don't get over here to visit you as often; I'm trying to do better.

    Have fun! TTYL!

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori!
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet! Geez....can't even keep up my OWN blog : /

    Oh well, we all do the best we can, I think!

    THanks for all the support!

    *hugs*
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete