Monday, February 1, 2010

Sorry for the delay!!!!

I am SO sorry that I've been gone for so long! Ahhhhh! I haven't liked it and I'm really gonna try and be better, I promise! So, PLEASE forgive me!



Now how you gonna ignore a face like that?!

Anyway, back to the point of this blog! (heehee) A whole other week has gone by again! It doesn't seem possible does it? I don't think so! Last week we made Papel Cotado or "cut paper" in class. The kids loved it! Let me tell you! If you ever need a fun craft for kids, do this. It's just like snowflakes that we make at Christmas time here.



Above is a very elaborate picture of what would be MANY papel cortado's in the streets of Mexico. Ours do not look exactly like this, but they do look awesome! I am SO impressed by how they turned out. Alicia helped me hang them on string and they are hung above and below the bulletin board in the hallway. I will try and take some pictures and get them up soon to show you all.

As far as the take-home portion, it is going well. All materials have been returned. Only one book (between both Ireland and Mexico books) has fallen apart so far : ) I'm glad only one has fallen apart (trying to look on the bright side of things), it's better than a whole bunch!

What's on the upcoming agenda?
- 2 weeks left in classroom: this week and next week
- February vacation
- 1 week: send home reminder of Family Celebration and RSVP
- March 1st: Family Celebration

That's about how it's going to wrap up, I think. Sorry for this being such a long post. I've been having longer posts to catch you all up instead of short ones all the time. Which do you prefer? Thanks for stopping by. Once again I'd like to express my gratitude for everyone hanging in there and supporting me. You don't know what it means to me to actually have people reading this stuff! It's exciting for me and all the kids (even though they don't really know you! LOL! The kids below appreciate YOU!)!! ; )



Thanks again!
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been having a lot of fun, Hannah! I would love to see pix of the papel cortados y'all made. :)

    Keep up the good work, and keep us posted. Long or short posts are fine with me. I just need more time in my day to get over here and read them! LOL

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete