Thursday, March 19, 2009

Presentations and name

Finally, I have a name for my project! I intend to call it READ, which stands for Reading Encourages Academics and Diversity. I think that this name it nice because it will mostly be known as the READ program, so it is short and catchy. However, it also has the more meaningful/official name. I like it and am getting more and more excited about the program all the time.
The parent presentations are just around the corner now. They are on Sunday. I am nervous, but also excited because this is the first time I really get to show everyone that I am serious about what I am doing, I like what I am doing, and it will be very benficial to the school. I think it will go well, however, I still have a lot of work to do for it.
All week, I have been working afterschool with the Smartboard putting my presentation together. Yesterday, Mrs. Haynes and Donna helped me organize my ideas and I was able to get a lot accomplished. Today, though, when I went back to work on it more, the flash did not work on some of the special effects. This was very disapointing because all of the work I did yesterday was almost all gone. So, today I had to spend with Mrs. Haynes trying to figure out the problem and try to fix it. We found a solution, so I will continue to move forward with it now. I am going to get as much done tomorrow as I can and finish it on Saturday. On Saturday, I will also practice it over and over and over!

1 comment:

  1. I like the name! I am sure the presentation will be great. Look forward to hearing all about it and then moving on to the next step of the project.

    ReplyDelete