Sunday, October 14, 2012

When Hope Blossoms by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Hello all!
Today I bring you the review of a heart-wrenching story of love, faith, and mostly hope.

When Hope Blossoms by Kim Vogel Sawyer - Amy Knackstedt moves with her children to Weaverly, Kansas, to escape the speculation surrounding her husband's untimely death. She hopes the new location will provide a fresh start for them all. But her neighbor, Tim Roper, is not pleased to have a Mennonite family living next to his apple orchard. When the children try to befriend him, he resists. Tim left the Mennonite faith years ago and doesn't want any reminders of his former life. Yet Amy and Tim find their paths colliding far more than either could have foreseen. Will this tentative relationship blossom into something more? 

Review - Amy is a mother that captures your attention from the very beginning of When Hope Blossoms. Attentive and knowledgeable, yet still very young, she always has her children's well being at the forefront of every decision. After the tragic death of her husband, this young widow resettles her children in the small town of Weaverly, Kansas where very few other Mennonites lived. However, she believes that this move will be good for everyone, a fresh start if you will. Tim Roper plays the typical grumpy neighbor role, yet early on you can tell he has become this way for a reason. It's easy for his character to stroke your heart strings as you slowly learn more about Tim's upsetting past.

I thoroughly enjoyed the latest installment in Kim's long list of novels! I just told a friend that every time I finish one of hers, I think to myself she can't top this. Impossible because that book was incredible. Then a new book comes out, I read it, and am once again shocked to find that it was as good, if not better than any of her others that I have read. I commend her for creating stories that take her readers on a journey to a become a better person. Kim's books always have an underlying message; this one strongly illustrating patience which spoke to me directly. I appreciate that I can always gain something from reading one of her books. I also appreciate that Kim adds scripture subtly into the book so not to preach Christ to her audience. That takes a skilled hand to do so well.

I have to admit that I fell in love with the characters in this book. Amy, sweet, innocent, yet knowing, fearful, brave, loving, caring.....the adjectives could go on and on for her. Tim was a man most girls would love to have, I think. Add the complexities of three active children to the mix and this book has just about it all! I highly encourage everyone to check out When Hope Blossoms, you will not regret it. This book will make you shed some tears, laugh out loud, and grin from ear-to-ear when all is said and done.

~ This book was furnished to me courtesy of Bethany House Publisher in return for my honest opinion. ~

Meet Kim - Best-selling, award-winning author Kim Vogel Sawyer is a wife, mother, grandmother, author, speaker, singer of songs and lover of chocolate...but most importantly, she's a born-again child of the King! A former elementary school teacher, Kim closed her classroom door in 2005 to follow God's call on her heart to write and speak. Now blessed with multiple writing contracts, Kim enjoys sharing her journey to publication as well as the miraculous story of her healing from a life-long burden of pain and shame. Kim's gentle yet forthright testimony lends credence to the promise of Ps. 117:2--"Great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever."



I hope you'll all take the time to check Kim's writing out. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with ANYTHING that she's written!! Happy Reading : )
Xoxo - Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment