Monday, November 21, 2011

Changing of the Seasons

Have you ever thought about the changing of the seasons? I mean really thought about it?

Yesterday I was stuck raking, thanks Mom lol, but it gave me a lot of time to reflect on...things...the slow methodical rhythm that comes with raking was somewhat soothing surprisingly (though it hurt later!).



There are so many pros and cons with the changing of the seasons. There are so many things to be thankful for at this time and yet it is so easy to see the downside in things as well.

Pro: It's beautiful! I am so thankful to be living and have grown up in New England, especially Vermont. Everyone knows that we are known for our foliage here. This year it wasn't as good due to Hurricane Irene messing things up around here, but we still have it nonetheless. To see the leaves change from green to red and orange and gold, it can be absolutely breathtaking. If you have never had the chance to travel here, I highly encourage it (and not just because tourism is one of our major money sources :P)!

Con: Since we do have this beautiful foliage, we pay for it. Yes, I do mean raking. We end up having a LOT of upkeep in our yards, otherwise we'd be in trouble baha. I'm sure everywhere has things to do, but between raking in the fall AND spring then shoveling in the winter....YUCK!

Pro: Leaves can be fun! Luckily it is not all work and no play when it comes to leaves and our family. Mom may not love it, but hey, gotta add some spice to life, right? Our aunt goes all out around Halloween time and makes ghosts using the leaves that are dancing around the trees in their yard. I wish I had a picture because they're really very cool! Instead, however, I have my lovely model - Maddie - our babygirl, showing how fun raking can be!


Should I help??

Wait a minute...how'd I get here?

Was it YOU!?

Oh well, mine as well have fun!


Con: But with all fun, hard work returns right? We made a mess, so had to clean it up. But it was worth it ; )

Pro: Family time. It seems that as crazy busy as everyone is, this is just about the time of year where family is brought back together. The holidays tend to do that, eh? We can certainly get in some good laughs with my family! Whether it's cracking up reading cards at Walmart, singing crazily in the car, or looking through old pictures at Gramma's, we can usually find a way to have a good time.

I challenge all of you in this season of thanksgivings, be filled with happiness. We are all blessed in one way or another. Pour out those things that you are thankful for and you will find happiness in abundance.

"And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years" ~ Genesis 1:14

The seasons are a gift for us. Enjoy them, as with the seasons of life. In this time, be thankful for your loved ones, new and seasoned. Make every moment last with them even if it only a telephone call, do your part. You will be glad you did in the end.




I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday! Don't forget to smile!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment