Sunday, November 21, 2010

Book Review #3

The Eyes of DarknessThe Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is my first book by Dean Koontz and I will most definitely be reading more by him. As explained in his new afterword, this book is quite different from his other books, which only intrigues me to try another one!



This book follows Christina Evans, mother to Danny. Danny died one year ago in a tragic camping accident when his entire boy scout troop and all of the chaperones were killed. However, now Tina's nightmare is only just beginning. She is having treacherous dreams at night, strange happenings all around her, and she found the words 'NOT DEAD' written on the easel chalkboard in Danny's room. Now it's up to her and newly acquired best friend and lover, Elliot Stryker,to figure out what is going on. Is Danny really dead....or is something fishy going on?



I was surprised in two different ways for this book. On one hand, I was surprised because it was not scary. I would not describe this book as being scary at all. When I think of Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and other authors of the like I think 'scary'. However, this was a superb psychological thriller. I can imagine that if I was a mother, I would have reacted a little more strongly, but since I'm not I thought it was chilling at parts. The ending was touching, but ended quite abruptly. I was hoping for a little more long range closer, I would say.



I strongly recommend you trying Koontz's writing. This might be a good plave to start if you are nervous about it being too scary. Wonderful job, Mr. Koontz!!




Almost turkey day! Enjoy the new background ; )
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment