Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Honest Scrap Blog Award!!

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I just recieved the Honest Scrap Blog Award from Renee at Black 'n Gold Girl's Blog! This is my second blog award and I'm thrilled about it!



As a part of this award I have to tell you 10 honest things about me and pass the award on to 10 more bloggers!

1) With my very busy schedule, I can read about 200 pages in 2 days time.
2) A couple of my favorite shows, that I HATE to miss, are Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Private Practice, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol.
3) I really don't like science, but choose to challenge myself anyway. Hence, the AP Physics I'm taking right now!
4) I hate leaving messages for people when I can't reach them on their phone. I always sounds SO stupid : D
5) I was just the "Donkey's head", while my sister was the "Donkey's butt" in our high school's production of Kiss Me Kate.
6) I have been out of the United States 5 different times and have been to 10(I think!) different countries.
7) I have also been to over 1/2 the U.S.
8) I LOVE ice cream!!
9) I want to go to college for Elementary Education.
10) I have a gorgeous dog named Maddie. She is part lab and part husky, so she has one blue eye and one brown. Very cute!!

Okay enough about me....here's the award passed on:
Cheryl @ Squirrel's Treehouse
Jessica @ BookingIt
Lee @ Butterfly Blessings
Camy @ Camy's Loft
Missy @ Life with Missy
the lovely ladies @ Love is the best medicine
Margaret @ Margaret Daley
Ramona @ Ramona's Ramblings
Lori @ Some of my Favorite Things
Mimi @ Woven by Words

Congratulations to everyone who recieved this award! Sorry if I missed anyone, but if I did....there's always next time(as long as I get another award!!).

Thanks again to Renee for passing this wonderful award my way!

While I have your attention...quick news update!

The first session of Hannah's READ Program wrapped up last week. I spent 1 day per week for 4 weeks (about 25 minutes each time) working in the classrooms with the students. It was a lot of fun! Also, now I know better what they liked and didn't like for the next session.

Tommorow, I will be having the family celebration, the official end of the first session. It is Ireland themed. You should have seen us asking about "Irish stuff....Saint Patrick's Day stuff" at Iparty last night!! Lol! It's November...they certainly questioned us!

Anyway, everything is gold and green colored. I will have a very brief "speech", for lack of a better word. Then, we'll have a very special Irish Step Dancing(hard shoe) performance by my sister Alicia! After, I will hand out (very appropriately colored) green certificates of achievment to the 17 participants(at least the ones that are there). Alicia will then either have another short dance (soft shoe) or teach the kids and adults a step. Finally, we will have a tasting of Ireland. This includes:
Irish Soda Bread
Champs(Irish mashed potato with a "well" of butter)
Irish Tea Cookies
Irish Tea
I, with the help of mom and Alicia, am making all of the food tonight.

Okay, so there you have it! Lol....sorry! I tried to be brief, but you know how it is! Once again, congrats and thanks! What would I do without such loyal followers?!?!
Until we meet again,
Hannah

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! You deserve it! :)

    YAY!! You made it thru the first session...I'm so proud of you. I know you've been putting a lot of time and effort into your project, and it sounds like you're doing a great job. Good for you! *clapping*

    I love American Idol, too! I also agree with you on #'s 4 and 8! LOL

    Have fun tomorrow at the family celebration, and tonight getting all of the food ready.

    Talk to you soon...
    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my post disappered. I hope it doesn't go twice. I'll try again. :)

    Thanks for the award, Hannah! And congrats on finishing your session. I bet you'll make a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hannah!

    Wow, you sound super busy. I can't even imagine. I hope you have fun doing all that.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post friend!!!!!

    please visit me back.....
    Culture of INdonesia

    thankz...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah, it sounds like you had a spectacutlar 1st session! Man, reading what you are doing is so amazing. I'm so impressed by what you have done and accomplished throughout your project!

    Thank you for the award! That was amazingly thoughtful of you! I hate missing my DWTS. Tonight I ended up on the phone and didn't see who was asked to leave! :( My guess is Kelly, although I have loved seeing her growth throughout the show! Like she said one time, she's becoming a lady! I love ice cream!! My oldest daughter is going to an amazing Christian college right now to become an Elementary Ed teacher. She's a Freshman and is loving it so much! And I've always thought dogs with different colored eyes are the coolest dogs!!

    Blessings,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lori!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Awwww...about making it through the session! Although, I feel the same way : D

    The celebration went well. I had a pretty good turnout and lots of great feedback!

    Oh my goodness! My mom, sister, and I LOVE AI!! We have gone to the past 2 concerts : ) It was my sis's and my first official concert...gotta love David Archuleta! My sis is IN love with him I think : ) I really loved Brooke White! Actually, on December 19, we're going to a David Archuleta concert!!!! Woohoo! Cannot wait....merry xmas to us!

    Talk to you soon!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Missy!
    It did show up! No problem about the award : ) You totally deserve it!

    Awwww! Thanks so much about the teacher comment...I hope so!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jessica!
    Thanks! I am totally busy...! Lol...however, I don't really want to complain because I know that EVERYONE'S busy right now : )

    Love reading your blog! Keep up the great posts,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi denysmacool!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I really hope you visit often or maybe sign up as a follower!!

    I'll have to visit your blog, thanks for the link : )
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mimi!
    Long time, no talk! How's your shoulder doing??

    Thanks for all the kind words : )

    I know, right!? I missed DWTS last night too because of homework! Did you see who ended up being voted off? Hearing the news about your daughter helps reassure me a lil bit. I really don't want to go to college! I'm too nervous and HATE change!! Yes, Maddie is our little baby...lol! She is very cute : )

    Talk to you soon!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW~ You are a busy girl!!! Congrats on finishing your first session!

    I too can't miss episodes of Grey's and American Idol (I've never missed an episode since Idol first aired!)

    It's so cool that you've visited so many countries! I doubt that I've been out of the tri-state area 10 times LOL!

    And you're welcome for the award! :-)

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Renee!
    Thanks about the session and lol! I am busy, but I don't like to complain because EVERYONE'S busy!

    GREY'S NIGHT!!!! WOOHOO!!

    Yeah, I love to travel! Actually, my whole family loves traveling. That's probably why we've been everywhere...together : D

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete