Sunday, September 23, 2012

2012 Upper Valley Arthritis Walk - Please help!!!

Hello good friends,
Now, I know not many people read this anymore, but I'm hoping possibly some may come out of the woodwork to help me out with something here.

As you may know, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). I began showing symptoms in fourth grade and was finally diagnosed in my freshman year of high school. After countless doctors, appointments, medications, scans, bloodwork, and frustration....I had a diagnosis, as devastating as it was. I have learned about this disease and I make the best of it lol. Now, I am trying to help others as much as I possibly can!



One of my amazing occupational therapists and her husband also have a connection with RA. Their daughter was diagnosed before she turned two with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA). They are huge advocates within the RA world here in the Upper Valley and finally their hard work has paid off in a way that everyone can see. I can proudly announce that we are having our very first Arthritis Walk in the Upper Valley! This is huge because the Arthritis Foundation does very little around here. Burlington, VT gets a walk, but that's it. So a lot of people are VERY excited about this, including me! I am trying to do as much as I can to help raise money for research to help all of the survivors dealing with RA and any other type of arthritis. 

The Arthritis Walk is three miles long (people with arthritis are  encouraged to join, hence the smaller distance). It will be held at one of our local hospitals next Saturday, September 29, 2012. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who has a little money to help sponsor my team and I. Our name is Hannah's Helpers haha! Cool, huh?? It consists of me (Team Captain!), my mom, Alicia, Aunt Donna, Aunt Gail, best friend Cateroni, and family friend Becky. I'm sure that a lot of you have a connection with arthritis in one form or another. 



Click Here to Donate

Our goal is $300 - yes, it's a bit of a stretch probably but we're hopeful! We're all doing our part to raise that money :) I would love to enlist your help, anyone willing and financially able to. Every dollar helps!

Our page through the Arthritis Foundation is HERE!
Or you can donate directly on my page as well HERE!
The page for our walk specifically is HERE. All the teams have raised $6,750 so far!! WOW!

I'm sorry to ask for money, but I promise it's for a great cause, as you can see! Thank you in advance, I appreciate everything :) I also promise to make you proud at the walk!!!

THANK YOU!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment